Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lost and Found

A computer crash left me with many missing SWG screencaps. Those I had were low resolution copies that I had on my iPod. I still had my memories, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

This past weekend, while looking for something else entirely, I came across a CD backup of my old, defunct website. I perused the disk, hopeful to find something from SWG... and to my delight, I did. Higher quality images of those I've already shared in the Memory Lane entries, as well as pictures that were thought lost to wherever missing digital data goes. (I imagine that it's somewhere near where socks gone AWOL in the dryer turn up.)

Some of these memories have already been documented. So for today, I'll link to those and share the images that were once lost... but now found.

Discovering the Rebel Base in "Getting There Was Half the Fun"

Here's the gang posing with Artoo and Threepio. The fussy protocol droid didn't seem as interested as the little astromech droid.

Cyra was obviously quite moved by her visit to this location, as evidenced by the many pictures she shared from her day.



Nurse Cyra? I certainly hope not. She was better at sending people to the Med Center, not from it.


Meeting Leia was the highlight of the trip. She was tiny, but she had a presence about her.


While we were all impressed with meeting Wedge Antilles, Nikki seemed to really fall into line at the bottom of the chain of command. I also see Who Dat had a name: Gwek. How quickly we all wanted to forget.


The Semi-Permanent Stay at Dathomir in "Things That Go Bump in the Night, Sister"

First,  a few higher quality images from the story of our trip to Dathomir in beta.


Dathomir was very spectacular. In a spooky sort of way.


After Vincer got "stuck", I took a pic of him from the character loading screen, figuring that it was the end of the road for him.


Higher Quality Images from "Finding the Way"


This picture will always be one of the my favorite defining moments in Star Wars Galaxies. It represented everything that could be right about the game. I am very happy to have found the better quality version.




The Final Moment from "For Beta or Worse"

A bittersweet moment to say the least as we said good-bye to our beta memories.


But as you can see, we started on all new ones. And there are many, many more to come; good, bad and indifferent.


No comments: