Saturday, February 28, 2009

Classic SWG: And So It Begins


Though I had been in beta for several days, it hadn't yet occurred to me that I might want to take a few screenshots of what I had encountered. But when I crested a hill early on during Beta 3 and found myself staring down at Mos Eisley, I suddenly felt immersed in the Star Wars universe and needed to find a way to save the memory.

Though it was nighttime and I was neither Ben nor Luke, I still felt as if I were a part of the story and galaxy I have loved since being a small child.

Above we see Vincer Kaden, hair still loose and wearing some of the default clothes that were available at the time. Tailors didn't exist after the latest character wipe and no one even thought about vendors at this point. We used terminals that the devs placed around; each with its own specific job: clothes, weapons, etc.

Though seeing Mos Eisley is commonplace nearly six years later, I sometimes am in awe of seeing the the imagery of Star Wars arranged before me.

No comments: